The latest in PEW Research on online dating is in and it's fascinating! If you've haven't found "The One" online, here's the good news...It's Probably Not Your Fault!
I'm sure you're a catch! None of your friends can understand why you're single. Let's even say you're the poster child for online dating perfection...you've read the ebooks on how to become the BEST online dater EVER. You have professional photos and your profile was written for you by a marketing and branding expert (which is not a bad idea by the way).
Despite your valliant efforts, WHY haven't you found your match online?
Let's look at the numbers....
- 59% of Americans think online dating is a good way to meet someone
- BUT only 15% have actually tried online dating
- the average subscriber cancels within 90 days
- 34% of subscribers NEVER actually go on a date
- Only 11% of those who message actually meet in person
I encourage people to try online dating with realistic expectations. When you're prepared for a numbers game and make the commitment to roll up your sleeves and put in the work required to actually get to that person who is going to meet face to face then it can be a much less frustrating experience!
The bottom line is this...if it's not working out for you online...Don't Take It Personally!!!
Some people work with a Matchmaker exclusively or as a supplement to their online dating. Here are some statistics about Matchmaking you may find interesting:
- 100% of our matches result in an actual date
- 65% of our first dates lead to a second date
- 80% of our clients find their match
If you're ready to meet someone fantastic, then simply fill out our free registration form on the join now page here and we'll be in touch!
Kristina Lynn is a Matchmaker and Coach who has managed 42 international matchmaking offices and the love lives of more than 60,000 clients. She is one of the original Beverly Hills Matchmakers and now lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.